When it comes to accessories, handbags are a must-have. Not only are they beautiful and can help complete a look, but they are also practical. The question is, how many bags are too many and how many are a must?
We’ll go over five essential types of handbags that are a must-have in your collection and how they should be used.
Probably the most owned and used handbag out of this whole list, the tote or the shoulder bag, is the perfect combination of a practical and stylish bag. This bag comes in various styles, sizes, and textures and can be worn with sports outfits, casual or smart, and even elegant ones.
This bag is a perfect choice if you like to carry all your gadgets and personal items while walking hands-free. However, if you are going shopping, I suggest you go for the bigger sister of the tote bag, the shopper style.
- Because of its generous size, the tote bag can fit in all your everyday essentials and more.
- This bag comes in various colours and fabrics, making it easy to style with daily looks.
- Because this bag is very spacious, you might find yourself carrying more items than you actually need. Over time, this can lead to pains in your shoulder and back area.
Another smart alternative for you who want to walk around carefree, without having to carry anything in your hands, is the cross-body bag.
This bag, just as its name suggests, is worn across your body, which is only possible because of its smaller and more compact size. The cross-body goes well with casual outfits as well as smart and elegant ones.
- The long strap makes the cross-body bag easy to wear around your body, while also making sure that it is secured and leaving your hands free.
- It is versatile and compact, perfect for wearing throughout the day.
- You won’t be able to carry as many items due to its smaller size
Another handbag that is a must for every woman’s wardrobe is the clutch. The clutch is a small evening bag that can fit all your bare necessities such as credit cards, money, phone, keys, and even lipstick if you are lucky enough. This bag is elegant and should be worn for special events or on those nights when you are going out and want to look your best.
There isn’t only one way of wearing this bag; it can be held in the palm of your hands or under your arm in case you want to keep both hands free. The clutch bag can be found under various styles, such as the envelope, the hard-case box style, with a zip or a flap top, and the list can go on and on.
- It is lightweight and can be carried easily in your hand.
- It can only fit the utmost necessary items.
- You can only wear it on certain occasions. Certainly not for daily use.
The Satchel Bag
The satchel bag is here to help you look professional and to elevate any smart look. Previously made to help carry books, this bag has found its way in the wardrobe of many of today’s hard-working ladies.
The structured fabric, the top handle, and its medium to big size are the main characteristics of this bag. It is perfect for carrying your essentials as well as your books, agendas, and tablet safely and securely. Since this bag will follow you throughout your working day, make sure to pick one in a natural colour so that it goes well with all your outfits. The last thing you want to do when being in a rush is trying to decide which outfit goes well with your bag.
- The satchel bag can make you look professional both inside and outside of your office.
- The structured fabric makes it more difficult for the bag to lose its shape, prolonging its life.
- Because of the sturdy material, the bag is not very flexible, making it difficult to fit in all your belongings.
The Unique Bag
Although classic handbags are and will always be an essential accessory in a woman’s wardrobe, a unique bag is just as necessary if you are looking to try out new styles or to add some salt and pepper to an everyday look.
Compared to all the previously mentioned bags, the unique bag has no definite look or purpose. It can come in all sizes, shapes, fabrics, and colours. The unique bag can be a classic bag with a twist or a completely new and trendy one. Anything from a fanny pack, a straw bag, to a saddlebag can fall under this category. This bag is your go-to if you want to play around with your outfit.
- It can make any basic outfit stand out.
- It is a piece less commonly encountered that can help you put together unique outfits.
- In most cases, the unique bag is not suitable for your daily needs.
- At the same time, it can be more difficult to style.
Finally, whether you are looking for an everyday bag, a shopping bag, or a bag you can take with you to work, this list can help you find the perfect bag fitting all your needs and desires. And do not forget to experiment with different styles and colours, because, after all, fashion is all about expressing yourself.